“This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
It didn’t take me long after having Sawyer to realize how hard is way to find cute basics that he could wear all the time. I wanted baby clothes that were easy to get on and off (hello 3a.m. diaper changes) and that coordinated (so my tired eyes didn’t have to do any work). It makes it sooo much easier to find an outfit when most of your bodysuits, tops, and pants match. I had so much trouble finding cute baby clothes for him, until they opened a Carter’s store near us. the first clothes I ever bought for him were Carter’s and we’ve loved them ever since! Whether you are shopping for your own little babe or for a gift, the new Little Baby Basics line from Carter’s is perfect for new moms and their babies. (Spoiler alert, there’s a giveaway for a $100 gift card at the bottom of the post and a coupon for everyone too!)
The new Little Baby Basics line is designed to be classic baby essentials that go with everything and look so cute in pictures. I really have a crush on soft, neutral photos, especially of babies, so this new line is perfect for Ford. These clothes are totally instagram worthy.
If you are looking for a gift for a friend, the Little Baby Basics line makes the cutest gift. They have coordinating bodysuits, pants, sleepers, sets, bibs, and accessories to choose from for the perfect baby layette. How great would this be for a little boy gift or to completely outfit your little guy? I especially love that the pants match every outfit, so even if you don’t get to the laundry right away, you’ve got tons of outfits to choose from.
An easy way to put together a great gift, is to head to Carter’s and find their Little Baby Basics clothes. Choose bodysuits, pants, sleepers, and some bibs that all match, and right away you’ve got a photo-worthy gift that the Mom will love.
I love the sweet sayings and the pretty greige colors in this set:
Because I love you, and because I know you want to fall in love with these super-soft baby basics too, here is a 20% off coupon for your purchase and because I want you to get these too, I’m giving away a $100 Carter’s Gift Card below! It’s super easy to enter, just check out the widget below!
If you didn’t already see on my instagram page, baby arrived late last Friday night. Baby Ford, 8 lbs 8 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long and very calm so far. Once he decided to come, he came fast and hasn’t left my arms willingly since. We love him and are so happy to have him home!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser but all opinions are mine and ones I am happy to share with my readers! #MyLittleRemedies #CollectiveBias
When prepping for a new one, it’s so fun to get all of the cute onesies, the nursery décor, and tiny socks but there are some lifesavers that can be so easy to overlook. You are going to want to have these somewhere at home before baby comes home from the hospital because when it’s three a.m. and you can’t get that unhappy baby back to sleep and need one of these items, you’ll be so grateful you had them. Ain’t no body got time for running to the store when there’s a screaming little one. We’re about to bring home baby #3 and I’ve got all these items stocked up. Some of them are new so it’s worth checking out even if you aren’t a first time mom (plus, who couldn’t use a refresher!), the Little Remedies® Advanced Colic Releif is a new product that just came out at Target! My husband was glad we already had in them in the house with the second one because those “hurry up and go get such-and-such!” runs to the store were never fast enough for me haha. Trust me, you’re going to want these super useful items around.
1. A Sound Machine- I totally used to think people were silly for spending a bunch of money on a sound machine, but it is so worth it. You have no idea how loud just walking around your house or doing dishes is until there is a very light sleeping little newborn in the house. Your husband and kids will thank you for getting one too so they don’t have to tip toe every time the baby is asleep. Plus, when you go on vacation, if you bring it along, your babe will be used to the sound and feel more at home which means more sleep for everyone.
2. Little Remedies® Advanced Colic Relief Drops– Obviously not everyone’s baby has colic, but you have no way of knowing, and it’s better to be prepared than be walking that baby for hours and have nothing to even try to calm them down. With my first, we endured seven months of colic. That’s right, seven months. Products like this and the next one were life savers for us in giving baby even a little bit of relief from the pain he was feeling. Even babies who just fuss a lot can benefit from these. This is a brand new product that is a safe, herbal blend that you can feel okay with giving even a newborn. Giving babies any kind of medicine makes me cautious, but these aren’t a medicine, they’re a dietary supplement with no dyes or flavors to help baby stop crying. Less crying for baby = happier mom. Nuff said. We grabbed some of these and the next item at Target to make sure we had them on hand when baby #3 is born.
3. Little Remedies® Gas Drops- Most moms I know use these at some point when their baby is little. Maybe one day you eat too much broccoli and it gives baby horrible gas (new moms- did you know that’s a thing?? It’s true!) or maybe he is just really having trouble passing a gas bubble. Gas drops work in minutes to relieve that pain. I’ve seen formula feeding moms put them straight into the bottle to help get rid of bubbles and you could see it working right there in the bottle, settling all the foamy milk. Definitely have these on hand because it’s so sad to see your little baby straining and crying in pain from gas.
4. Bigger sizes of baby clothes- A lot of people focus on stocking up on newborn and 0-3 month baby clothes, but the reality is, most babies are way out of that size by the time they reach three months. My boys have both been in 6-9 month clothes or bigger at three months. Definitely have some bigger size clothes on hand because one day their pjs will fit, and the next day they don’t! Most new mamas aren’t ready to go out for big shopping trips on a whim with their newborn, so have at least a few things around in case your little one grows like a weed!point in proof- that’s my son on the left next to my best friends daughter who is only two weeks younger. They grow a lot in two weeks! (disclaimer, Rhett was a very tall baby, but still!)
5. Formula- Even if you are a nursing mom, I recommend having just a little bit of formula stashed somewhere. I nursed both of my first two, but there were nights at the beginning when after an hour of trying to get them to latch unsuccessfully and the baby got so worked up that he wouldn’t even try, I was really glad we had some formula on hand to calm him down and get him full so we could all get some rest and try again. Missing one nursing session every now and then won’t kill your supply and you can always pump if you’re really worried about it. Tip: Some companies have nipples included in their nursette size bottles, some don’t. Make sure you read the box so you aren’t stuck with a bottle and no nipple.
6. Pacis- These things are like little life savers. You’ll lose/drop/go through a million of them so have a nice supply on hand that way you’re never left without one when you need it. I like to even a couple kinds that way if they won’t take one kind, I can try a different brand.
7. Diapers- It’s a good idea to have the next size up of diapers already on hand, even if you think your baby is too small for them. I didn’t realize my first one was too big for the size he was in at one point until he kept pee-ing out of them. Sometimes they still fit, but your kiddo just needs more absorbency.
8. Wipes- You can never have enough of these on hand. Keep an extra pack in the car or at Grandma and Grandpa’s house if you go there a lot. Poop isn’t something you want to run out of supplies for.
9. Nipple Balm- Nursing hurts. Nursing is hard. You should still do it if you want to, and if you can. Treat yourself well, and have some kind of nursing balm on hand. I thought I was tough and wouldn’t need it, but once I tried it it made a world of difference and helped me to heal a lot faster than if I’d just kept enduring the pain with nothing to help.
10. Diaper Rash Crème- Babies have sensitive bums, and they react to what you eat if you’re nursing. Some foods can cause diaper rash, and a lot of pain for baby. The faster you get some crème on that tushy, the faster it will heal and the happier baby will be. You don’t want to wait until you can get to the store to relieve pain.
I hope this list helps, and if you find yourself like me, with a colic-y baby, be sure to check out the Little Remedies® page where they have videos, free samples, and even a chance to win a visit from the Little Remedies® Rescue Team. I think all new mommas could probably use a rescue at some point! Target is also be running some great deals on the Little Remedies® products this month. There is a cartwheel offer for the Colic Relief Drops (found in the baby aisle) for 20% off from 9/13-10/17. Also from September 27th-October 17th you can get a $5 Target gift card when you buy 2 bottles of Little Remedies® Gas Drops or their Gripe Water which can be found in the digestive aisle. That’s a great opportunity to stock up!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias but all opinions and words are 100% my own. #onestopshopforbaby #collectivebias
Where we live, Halloween is big. The stores all decorate, everyone’s home looks like a graveyard, and on Halloween night, you can’t drive anywhere because of all the little ghost and princesses running around on the streets. What makes Halloween extra unique here is that we all go on golf-carts. I don’t think I’ve talked much about the town we live in, but it has more golf-cart paths than any city America, and for a lot of people, it’s their only mode of transport. I’ve always loved it, but my kids love it even more because it means they only have to get in their car seats about once a week, if that. We only drive the truck if we’re going somewhere outside our town, everything else is golf-cart accessible.
What the golf-cart means for our Halloween is that we stay out for hours, trick-or-treating and stopping by family’s houses around town and this year we’ll have an adorable snuggly little newborn to dress up and keep warm while we’re out late. I’ve been so excited to find some adorable little things for his first Halloween.
I haven’t really needed to shop for this baby since we have all the boys old clothes, so I took advantage of not having anything “1st Halloween” related and went to Babies “R” Us where I knew they’d have anything I wanted. Here’s everything I got to make sure his first Halloween is the cutest.
Wipes- The first thing I grabbed while looking around was Huggies Clutch and Clean wipes. I love how cute and convenient they are. The baby will need them, and the older boys will probably have to be wiped off at some point too. Half the fun of Halloween is digging into your treat bag while riding to the next house. I also picked up some Huggies diapers for the baby and Huggies Little Movers Diapers for Rhett. We’ll have two kids in diapers at Halloween- that’s scary right there. Good thing these wipes containers are refillable
Halloween Outfit- It’s so hard to find costumes in tiny sizes, especially ones that are warm but Babies “R” Us had this sweet little fox outfit that I think is perfect. I love the matching foxes on the pants and hat.
Blanket- I grabbed this adorable blanket to keep him warm on the golf-cart. It can range anywhere from 50 degrees to 80 degrees here at Halloween, you never know, but it’s usually pretty chilly riding on the golf-cart. This super-soft blanket will keep him warm snuggled up on me.
Fox toy- So cute to match his costume and something to play with while we’re at houses visiting family or to distract him from any really scary houses we go by. Some of the people have really loud sound systems turned up with spooky music.
Pacis- I always keep paci’s on hand for calming baby down if they get riled up. You can never have too many.
Story book- I love this little story book with all the fall colors. It will be something we can remember was from his first Halloween and he can enjoy growing up. It has all kinds of flaps and fun things to do. Sawyer has already been looking at it a lot, it will be a great book for him to read to his baby brother and a good, calm way for them to spend time together.
My 1st Halloween Bib- I always get my babies something that says “My 1st” for whatever holiday it is. I loved this little Halloween bib!
I had so much fun shopping at Babies “R” Us for some new things for this little guy and can’t wait to drive him around with us trick-or-treating on Halloween this year! Mommas- what are your kids being for Halloween? Do you have any fun or unique traditions? (like trick-or-treating on the golf-cart?)
Last week the boys and I got to attend a really fun party sponsored by Gerber all about their awesome new line of Gerber 3rd Foods® Lil Bits™ Recipes made for babies who are learning to chew. The party was University themed and even had little graduation caps for the babies and school themed snacks and decorations. It was fun getting to spend time with other Mom’s whose babies are similar ages and chat about babyhood while learning more about everything Gerber does to keep babies happy. Rhett’s favorite part was eating (of course) and playing with the cute pom-poms and pennants they had with the other babies. He’s starting to love playing with other kids his age so he was so happy to run around and baby talk at them. How cute are their little Chew U shirts?
I love that Gerber’s new line of baby food has bigger bits of baby food and larger textures for babies who are in that in-between pureed baby food and table food age. Rhett tried some of the Lil Bits™ and loved the bits of fruits and veggies it has. The convenient plastic containers even stood up to the test when Sawyer accidentally dropped one off of our second story down to the landing. The seal didn’t even bust and I didn’t have to worry about a shattering glass jar. Win win. I’ve always loved Gerber because I felt like they had babies best interest in mind. Their baby food has to pass over 100 quality checks and the Gerber 3rd Foods® Lil Bits™ Recipes was put through over 30,000 spoonful’s of testing. I love that I can count on them to get it right and know that my baby is getting the best.
I always thought Rhett would make the perfect Gerber Baby, and now he’s got the shirt and Gerber Chew U i.d. to prove it. You can sign your little baby up for Gerber Chew U where you can learn more about their baby food, win prizes, and get a ChewU I.d. with your babies face on it. Don’t forget to return to their site every day for a chance to win. 100 winners per day will receive Class of 2015 Chew U prizes. Hurry because it ends September 4, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gerber.